3.13.2014

Television: Intelligence and Revolution

I've had a few queries about where my usual coverage of Intelligence is. Well, I didn't watch it. I recorded it, and watched maybe the first ten minutes, then deleted my series recording. Because at the end of the day it just wasn't holding my attention.

Revolution is about to go the same way. I had it on last night, but I wasn't paying any attention to it because I was sorting LEGOs. That says something right there: That I would find sorting LEGOs more interesting than your television show means there's something wrong with your television show. I've been with Revolution long enough that I'll stick out the remainder of the season, but after that . . . It will really depend on whether there's anything better on. And these days, with the ability to stream and so much available On Demand, there's pretty much always something better on.

As things stand, it seems unlikely that Intelligence will see a second season (low ratings + high production costs), and Revolution is on the bubble (mediocre ratings + high production costs), its fate largely dependent on whether NBC cultivates anything better. Right now, I wouldn't miss either of them.

Now back to my regularly scheduled LEGOs.

No comments: