3.12.2014

Television: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., "Yes Men"

In a bit of stunt writing, we get an episode in which Lorelei and Sif bring Real Ladies of Asgard bitchiness to Earth.

Truthfully, I would have been all for it (I like Sif) except that the episode took the extremely predictable turn of having Lorelei lay claim to Ward. Ugh. If the writers had been at all creative and taken the time and effort to do something original and interesting . . . But no. Apparently not.

Meanwhile, Coulson continues to be worked up about GH325 and its alien origin and finally, in the last minutes of the episode, tells Skye what he discovered. (I totally had missed that the drug was being extracted from the thing in the tank, but then again I hadn't been paying that close attention.) And of course May was listening in and then makes a phone call to let someone (Fury?) know that Coulson knows . . . What? The source? ::shrug::

Next week there isn't even an episode, just a "special" about the Avengers movies. Which I'll probably watch, but it still feels like a bait-and-switch move to try and reel in better ratings.

No comments: