5.09.2015

My Decks

My husband gave me a bunch of Tarot and oracle decks for Mother's Day/our anniversary, and I have this urge to catalogue my collection. I have a cabinet in my office in which I keep my decks and candles and related books. Seems like I'm going to need more space, or at least a better organizational system before long.

Tarot Decks
Alchemy 1977 England Tarot
Daemon Tarot
Fairy Lights Tarot
Fantastical Creatures Tarot
Golden Botticelli Tarot
Guardian Angel Tarot
Harmonious Tarot
Hermetic Tarot
Infinite Visions Tarot
Labyrinth Tarot
Lover's Path Tarot
Manga Tarot
Mystic Dreamer Tarot
Mystic Faerie Tarot
New Orleans Voodoo Tarot
Old English Tarot
Osho Zen Tarot
Pamela Colman Smith Commemorative Rider-Waite Tarot
Paulina Tarot
Quick & Easy Tarot
Raven's Prophecy Tarot
Renaissance Tarot
Romantic Tarot
Shadowscapes Tarot
Sherlock Holmes Tarot
Steampunk Tarot
Tarot Illuminati
Tarot of Delphi
Tarot of the Sevenfold Mystery
Tarot Mucha
Universal Fantasy Tarot
Victorian Fairy Tarot
Victorian Romance Tarot
Victorian Steampunk Tarot
X: The Tarot

Lenormand
Enchanted Lenormand
Lenormand Silhouettes
New York Lenormand
Notebook Lenormand
Under the Roses Lenormand

Oracles & Other Cards
Ancient Feminine Wisdom of Goddesses & Heroines
Ascended Masters Oracle
Book of Doors Divination Deck
Chakra Wisdom Oracle Cards
Clow Cards
Color Oracle
Druid Animal Oracle
Enchanted Map Oracle
Energy Oracle Cards
Faeries' Oracle
Fantod Pack
Goddess Guidance Oracle
Gong Hee Fot Choy*
Gypsy Witch Fortune Telling Cards
Karma Cards
Numerology Guidance Cards
Past Life Oracle
Romance Angels Oracle
Sacred World Oracle
Vintage Wisdom Oracle

*The Gong Hee Fot Choy is read with a regular pack of playing cards.

Some of these I use every day. Some I use only when led to. And with so many new decks, I'll be learning . . . Each deck is like meeting a new person and getting used to him or her. Some you take to right away—I bonded with the Botticelli immediately—some take more time, and some you might never feel entirely comfortable with (Hermetic and I never gelled). Just as with people, some you like right away, some take a while to get to know, and some you never quite figure out. But each has its own distinct personality.

I do a Lenormand and Color Oracle reading each morning. Sometimes I'll feel led to draw a Tarot or oracle card for the day, too. I do a weekly Tarot reading at the start of each week as well. And in order to justify my collection, I've been known to give readings to friends and via email; they either choose from my many decks, or I choose one that feels right for the reading.

With so many new cards to play with, you can expect to see some reviews popping up over the next few weeks. But remember, these reviews reflect my preferences; you may have a completely different reaction to any of these decks.

No comments: