10.21.2015

Television: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., "Devils You Know"

Okay, so I found it difficult to concentrate on this episode. And I have to say, Porcupine Guy (Lash?) doesn't really strike me as all that impressive as a baddie. (He's an IT guy using his skills to find other Inhumans and send them emails. Like, an Inhuman spammer, basically, or the Inhuman equivalent of that weirdo on Craigslist that will lure you to someplace secluded and kill you.)

A lot of the episode was about navigating the new collaboration between Coulson and Dana Rosalind. Which is interesting only in small bites; it becomes tedious, like watching long political speeches, when drawn out for very long. Yes, we get that Coulson and Rosalind have a tit-for-tat thing going on, a jockeying for control that's meant to make you wonder who would be on top in bed. Except I'm not feeling a lot of chemistry between the actors, so . . . Maybe it's just me, but I'm not sparked.

And then Hunter and May confront Ward, but Ward has already moved in on Andrew. Hunter hates Ward enough to sacrifice Andrew, but of course Ward still isn't dead.

And Bobbi and Fitz have awkwardness because she won't tell him what Simmons said, and he finds Simmons' notes about the monolith and wonders what's up with that.

I dunno. It just all fell kinda flat. I'm hoping there's more to interest me next week.

No comments: