2.12.2016

Television: American Crime Story, "The Run of His Life"

In which we get the famous white Bronco chase.

I'll say again that I wasn't paying much attention to this when it actually happened. But watching what amounts to a re-enactment makes me wonder: Did the writers pull this from records? Or are they just riffing on what they think it might have been like to be in that Bronco? Like, is the dialogue coming from things that were actually said or . . . mere conjecture?

Rob Thomas tweeted the other day that this show is like "a dark comedy being played straight." And it really is. Or, as I mentioned above, it's almost like watching one long crime re-enactment from one of those Cops shows. There's something so schlocky about it, yet the actors all seem to be in earnest.

I don't know what else to say. It's like a train wreck. I can't keep from watching even though it's so awful. Awful in a good way? I still can't decide.

No comments: