5.13.2014

Television: ABC's New Shows (Fall 2014)

Upfronts are wrapping and the networks are unveiling their winning line-ups. Here's ABC's. (The new shows, anyway.) Let's look at a select few:

Selfie - apparently some bizarre updating of Pygmalion/My Fair Lady . . . I guess that whole Lizzie Bennet Diaries thing spurred this. My Fair Lady is one of my all-time favorite musicals. Not sure if I can stomach this reprise. (Or is it a reprisal?)

Forever - Best I can tell they're trying to marry Sleepy Hollow to . . . Elementary or Bones or something?

Galavant - Whaaaa? Is this a series? Is it set in Medieval times, or is it more like Smash and about people putting on a musical?

Agent Carter - More S.H.I.E.L.D. Look, I love The Avengers and all the Marvel movies, and I've watched S.H.I.E.L.D., but I think I'm at my saturation point with all this.

ETA: I did finally get to view some of the clips. Seems that Galavant is, indeed, set in Medieval times (not to be confused with being set at Medieval Times), and though I have reservations, I think I may still have to watch it. There are so few good comedies these days.

Forever really is Sleepy Hollow meets Elementary.

And as offensive as I find the title, Fresh Off the Boat looks passably funny. Hmm.

No comments: