9.18.2012

Music Video: "Our Song" by Matchbox Twenty

Okay, quick: my favorite band? I know, I know, there's no accounting for taste, but I've loved these guys for forever, and now they've released an "official" video for one of my favorite songs off the new album (North, it's #1 if you hadn't heard).



The song is catchy, and the video is cute, even if it is only a collection of recording room snippets. (Not much to do with the song, really, but whatever.) I like having proof that I'm not the only person in the world who lies around on the floor periodically; people always poke fun at me for that, but see! Rob does it too! Maybe it's an Aquarian thing, or a grounding issue. But sometimes I'm just like, I need to lie down. Right here will do. (The flip side of this is climbing on shit for no real reason, which I've also been known to do.)

The other song I really like on North is "How Long?" . . . I have to say, even though Matchbox Twenty is my favorite band, or one of my favorites, I haven't even heard the whole album yet. Bad of me, I realize. But I haven't had the chance to just settle in and listen, so I'm only getting what my iPod throws out on shuffle. I promise, boys, I'll get around to it. Eventually.

But first, I just need to lie down. Right here under the desk will be fine.

No comments: