11.13.2016

Random Stats

So a couple years ago I posted the random statistics on which posts on this site had the most all-time hits. Now that it's been a while, I thought I'd check in again to see if anything has changed.

  1. My review of R.I.P.D. - Continues to be the most-read post. WHY???
  2. My coverage of the Summerland concert.
  3. My meandering thoughts on the movie Wreckers. - Moving up in the ranks, possibly because there's very little written about it so it comes up in online searches? I have no idea; I've never actually searched for it online.
  4. Matchbox Twenty's album art for North. - Such a throwaway post, not sure why it remains so popular.
  5. Tarot Mucha
  6. Book Review of The Last Queen.
  7. Matchbox Twenty's "Smooth" T.V. - Just a link to an online spoof, but whatever.
  8. The Enchanted Lenormand Oracle
  9. New York Lenormand & Burning Serpent Oracle
  10. Recap of Elementary's season one finale.

Definitely some shifting around. Five of the top ten are the same as two years ago, though in different orders (excepting R.I.P.D. continuing to rule the chart). I appear to be getting more traffic for my reviews of tarot and oracle cards now, however. (And yeah, if you have a deck you want reviewed, feel free to send it to me and I'll play with it and post my thoughts.)

Traffic is consistent at about 200 to 500 unique hits a day, up and down. I notice a slump mid-week each week and the weekends are slower, too, most likely because all of you have lives.

I guess the lesson here is: more Matchbox Twenty and more tarot? Maybe a pop/rock tarot deck would be the sweet spot. Someone should make one.

No comments: