10.15.2014

Television: Selfie, "With a Little Yelp from My Friends"

Better.

Though I can't entirely forgive the cliché of having someone walk up behind a person who is saying mean things about them.

And I do wonder how many apps and Web sites they plan to go through before the social media thing gets really tired.

But the show is doing a good job of promoting some of the secondary characters. Larry, Charlie, Charmonique, and the boss . . . Even Joan to a point, though there's something of the caricature about her. Yet they did hint at greater depth for her, too. (I guess anyone can look deep next to Eliza.)

I felt like this episode was the tipping point for me. It was going to determine whether I kept watching, and so "Yelp" means Selfie has earned another week on my DVR.

No comments: